Gum Disease and Your Health
Gum disease has been linked to several health issues including low birth weight babies, heart disease, and certain types of cancer. Dr. Ari Moskowitz offers laser gum disease treatment with the LANAP® protocol which can be very effective for eradicating an active infection in the mouth. We can perform this procedure without having to cut the gum tissue or use stitches!
Many patients who have gum disease do not end up getting the treatment they need during the early stages and end up with advanced periodontitis, which can cause bone loss, missing teeth, and a host of other health issues. Getting early treatment is essential for your oral health and overall health!
LANAP Is The Minimally Invasive Alternative To Traditional Periodontal Surgery
LANAP has no contraindications so chances are you’re a candidate! Call our office today to schedule your LANAP consultation.
Benefits of Choosing LANAP
LANAP® laser gum disease treatment offers several benefits over traditional gum surgery, including:
- Faster healing time because LANAP does not require the cutting of the gums.
- Minimal discomfort compared with traditional surgery.
- Less downtime after surgery because there is no cutting or stitches.
- Reduced inflammation and bleeding during and after the procedure.
- Saves your healthy teeth by treating gum disease in adjacent ones.
- May regenerate some lost bone around the teeth.
Schedule A Consultation
If you suffer from gum disease and would like to learn more about our laser gum therapy, call (410) 744-6088 to schedule a consultation at Baltimore Periodontics.